Configure and Use L2TP on iOS
Apple iOS devices include a native VPN client.
Configure the L2TP Network Settings
To configure the L2TP connection on an iOS device:
- Select Settings > General > VPN
- TapAdd VPN Configuration.
- From the Type menu, tap L2TP.
- Tap Back.
- In the Description text box, type a name for the VPN connection.
- In the Server text box, type the external IP address of the Unifi Gateway.
- In the Account text box, type your user name as it appears in the authentication server that you use for Mobile VPN with L2TP user authentication.
- Keep the RSA SecurID slider off.
- In the Password text box, type the password of the user.
- In the Secret text box, type the pre-shared key for this tunnel. The pre-shared key must match the pre-shared key configured on the Firebox Mobile VPN with L2TP IPSec settings.
- Keep the Send All Traffic slider on.
- Keep the Proxy setting Off.
- Tap Done.
Start the L2TP Connection
To start the L2TP connection:
- On the iOS device, select Settings > General > VPN.
- Select the L2TP VPN profile to use.
- Swipe Status to Connecting.