1. Click on and then .
2. Click on the link.
3. If you're viewing the or view of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply click on the icon and proceed to Step 4.
4. Click on the link.
5. In the area of the window, click the link.
6. In the first two text boxes, enter the password you would like to start using.
7. Entering the password twice helps to make sure that you typed your new password correctly.
8. In the final text box, you're asked to .
9. This step is optional but I highly recommend that you use it. If you try logging in to Windows 7 but enter the wrong password, this hint will pop up, hopefully jogging your memory
10. Click the button to confirm your new password.
11. You can now close the window.
12. Now that your Windows 7 account has a password setup, you use this password to log on to Windows 7 from this point forward.
13. Create a Windows 7 password reset disk. While not a required part of creating a new password, I highly recommend that you do this.